Saturday, July 05, 2008

Life

Since about Mid-June my health has been stable so I signed up for two classes. I am taking a one day workshop on Indigo Dyeing and an eight week class on surface design (both starting next week). Hopefully my health continues to hold (or improve even). I also signed up for JulNoWriMo which is like NaNoWriMo except it is held in July (which is usually a better month than November for me). Hopefully I have not bitten off more than I can chew. Anyway, I am working on some poetry, but am not ready to throw it up here yet (maybe later today or tomorrow). At least work seems to have slowed down a bit (need to take advantage of that huh?). I had a nice lazy holiday yesterday. My Family (minus one) and a few friends friends (a very multi-generational group) sat out in my mom's yard and we grilled lots of food (including s'mores) and had lots of conversation and laughs. It was really nice (although the evening actually got kind of nippy, we actually had to break out some wraps for everybody). After things wound down a small core group sat on the front porch and watched all the illegal fireworks being set off in our neighborhood (there were actually some really good ones). I don't think I would have wanted to be a cop last night. All in all it was a fun time. Hopefully everybody else out there had a good day yesterday too.

No comments: